West Tennessee is full of beautiful sites and terrific tourist attractions. If you’re thinking of relocating to our area, here are just a few things to see and do!
- Huntingdon offers the gorgeous Dixie Carter Performing Arts Center, with a full schedule of shows ranging from country concerts, musicals, plays, kid’s events and more!
- Carroll County is the home of the Thousand Acre Recreational Lake in Huntingdon! The lake is perfect for fishing, boating, water skiing, jet skiing and family fun. It even offers a beach to catch a few rays.
- Bethel University is located in McKenzie. Bethel has satellite campuses across Tennessee in Memphis, Nashville, Clarksville, Jackson, Paris, and Chattanooga. The university has become world renowned for its incredible Renaissance Music Program. Renaissance, the Bethel University Performing Arts Experience, showcases the vocal, instrumental, theatrical and technical talents of Bethel students.
- Paris Landing State Resort Park features a full-service marina, 18-hole golf course, a convention center, hotel, restaurant, picnic tables, beach, basketball and tennis courts, a two swimming pools, and so much more. Located on Kentucky Lake, Paris Landing is about 15 minutes east-northeast of Paris. For more information on Paris Landing State Resort Park, call (731) 642-4311.
- As you can see, fishing is a huge sport and hobby in this area! Kentucky Lake is the number one attraction in the Paris Landing Area. Fishing tournaments bring in tourists and competitors by the boat load! The lake is 184 miles long, with over 2,000 miles of shoreline and 160,000 acres of water. Kentucky Lake is one of the world’s largest man-made lakes.
- Paris, Tennessee is the proud host of the “World’s Biggest Fish Fry”, the last full week of April. The whole festival revolves around the “Fish Tent” where by last account over 12,500 pounds of catfish is served with all the trimmings. In addition to all you can eat catfish you will find parades, carnival, rodeos, catfish races, dances, arts and crafts to name a few.
- The Paris Court Square is one of the most beautiful in the state of Tennessee! If you love to shop local, then Paris is the place. In the mid 1990’s, the downtown area underwent major renovations to bring the square back to its original 1920s-era style. The downtown area is bustling with business and 40 merchants!
- If you’re a baseball fan, you’ll instantly become a Jackson Generals fan. The Generals are the AA affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks and play their home games at The Ballpark in Jackson, Tennessee.