The Importance of Staging Your Home While It’s on the Market!
In this Premier Realty video podcast, Kelly & Garry talk about why it is important to stage your home while listed on the real estate market.
What is Staging?
Staging is essentially the act of making sure everything looks orderly & each room is defined as to it’s purpose. In contrast, clutter is when everything is laying around & there’s no real rhyme or reason to a specific living space.
Keep it Neutral
You don’t necessarily need to remove any personal photos from the space, but consider making things around the home a little more neutral & organized with items that the majority of potential buyers may like. According to a recent home inspector tip, for every $1,000 in perceived updates, the buyer may ask for $3000 off the asking price.
A lot of times, people have a difficult time visualizing what the home may look like after they’ve moved in, therefore require a little help to see the potential. Consider making some simple updates inside your home, such as:
- Keeping your home clean & free of odors
- Getting your carpets cleaned if they are dirty
- If you have carpet that is wore, consider replacing it
- If you have carpet that is wrinkled, have it re-stretched
- Have some furniture strategically placed around the home
- Update lighting & make sure that it is not dark & gloomy inside your home
The appearance of your home outside is just as important as what’s on the inside. Here are a few things you can do in order to make your home appeal to a potential buyer:
- Provide clear access to the the sidewalks
- Keep shrubs around the house from cover up the windows
- Put down some fresh mulch
- Repaint your front door if it’s scratched up
- Try to avoid leaving sidewalks cracked whenever possible
- Pressure wash sidewalks if they are dirty